- 15 mins to prepare. 30 mins to cook.
- Serves 4
The tantalising flavours of the spices, with the sweet mango complement the chicken perfectly.
- 75 g red lentils
- 1 leek
- 4 chillies, finely chopped
- 4 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of mustard seeds
- 1 mango
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ tsp of chilli powder
- 1 tsp of coriander, ground
- 450g chicken breast, boned, skinned & cubed
- 2 tbsp of coriander, fresh, chopped
Each serving contains
- Calories 300 15%
- Sugar 7.8g 9%
- Fat 10g 14%
- Saturates 2.3g 12%
- Salt 0.3g 5%
of your guideline daily amount
Place the lentils in a saucepan and add enough water to just cover. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes, until soft but not mushy. Drain and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the finely sliced leek, chilli, curry leaves and mustard seeds and cook over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
Add the diced mango and tomatoes, ground coriander and chicken and fry for 8 - 10 minutes.
Add the cooked lentils and cook for a further 2 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Garnish with fresh coriander before serving. Basmati rice or naan bread would be good accompaniments.
Get thousands of delicious healthy recipes and convenient meal ideas, plus...
- A diet to suit your life and tastes
- Support from a qualified Nutrition Team
- Progress charts and 1-2-1 feedback
- A handy shopping list
- Great diet tips and advice
- Access to a community of dieters and bloggers