- 5 mins to prepare. 20 mins to cook.
- Serves 4
This recipe originated when I had a lump of ginger to use up and decided to combine it with lentils, onions, chickpeas and spices. It is a fantastic curry, easy to make, satisfying and tasty, perfect for winter evenings and freezes excellently.
- 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas
- 3 onion, chopped
- 2-3 clove of garlic, chopped
- 100g red lentils
- 1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsps vegetable oil
- 2 tsps tumeric
- 2 tsps cumin seeds
- 2 tsps crushed chillies
- 2 tsps curry powder
- 4cm cube root ginger
- 500ml homemade or reduced salt vegetable stock
Each serving contains
- Calories 360 18%
- Sugar 12g 12%
- Fat 11g 15%
- Saturates 1.5g 6%
- Salt 1.5g 25%
of your guideline daily amount
Peel the onion, garlic and ginger slicing all thinly.
Heat the oil in a non-stick saucepan over a medium heat, when the oil is warm, add the onion, garlic and ginger and soften.
When the onions are soft and translucent, add the spices and stir well.
Next add the tinned tomatoes, stock, chickpeas and lentils.
Turn the heat down, cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes until the lentils are cooked.
Get thousands of delicious healthy recipes and convenient meal ideas, plus...
- A diet to suit your life and tastes
- Support from a qualified Nutrition Team
- Progress charts and 1-2-1 feedback
- A handy shopping list
- Great diet tips and advice
- Access to a community of dieters and bloggers