- 15 mins to prepare. 3 hours to cook.
- Serves 20
No Christmas meal is complete without a traditional plum pudding. But this year, you don’t have to sacrifice your Christmas pud if you don’t want to pile on the pounds. This scrumptious version is full of flavour and has less than half the fat of a traditional recipe.
- 250g currants
- 250g sultanas
- 1 small apple
- 1 small banana
- 25g almonds
- 25g brazil nut
- 25g walnuts
- 225g brown sugar
- 450g breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon, rind and juice
- 4 tbps brandy
- 3 large eggs
- 300 ml skimmed milk
- 4 tbps of spice; use a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger or ground cloves.
Each serving contains
- Calories 225 11%
- Sugar 32.2g 36%
- Fat 4g 6%
- Saturates 0.8g 4%
- Salt 0.3g 5%
of your guideline daily amount
Mix together all the ingredients and transfer to a lightly greased pudding bowl.
Cover with a lid or greaseproof paper secured with aluminium foil.
Put the bowl into a large pan of water, with enough water to cover the bottom of the pudding.
Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover the pan and steam the pudding for 3 hours.
This pudding should be made no more than two weeks before Christmas.
Get thousands of delicious healthy recipes and convenient meal ideas, plus...
- A diet to suit your life and tastes
- Support from a qualified Nutrition Team
- Progress charts and 1-2-1 feedback
- A handy shopping list
- Great diet tips and advice
- Access to a community of dieters and bloggers