- 15 mins to prepare. 1 ½ hours to cook.
- Serves 4
Sweet juicy apricots, spices and succulent lamb make Moroccan lamb tagine a winner with the whole family.
- 500g lamb, cubed
- 2 large onions, cut into chunks
- 2 tsp of chilli
- 2 tsp of paprika
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 large tins of tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of tomato puree
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cubed
- 12 dried apricots, sliced
- 50g raisins
- 60g flaked almonds
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 pint of lamb stock
- 2 tbsp of fresh coriander, chopped
Each serving contains
- Calories 565 28%
- Sugar 37.8g 42%
- Fat 20g 29%
- Saturates 5.4g 27%
- Salt 1.3g 22%
of your guideline daily amount
1. Spray a little low calorie spray onto a non-stick pan, lightly brown cubed lamb, then set aside.
2. Add onion to pan and cook gently until soft. Return the lamb to the pan, add the chilli, paprika and cinnamon, stir for about 1 minute.
3. Add tomatoes, tomato puree, sweet potatoes, apricots, raisins, almonds, honey and stock. Bring to the boil then simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for about 1 – 1 ½ hours or until the lamb is tender.
4. Stir through the chopped coriander and serve with rice.
Featured in our High Fibre plan
Get thousands of delicious healthy recipes and convenient meal ideas, plus...
- A diet to suit your life and tastes
- Support from a qualified Nutrition Team
- Progress charts and 1-2-1 feedback
- A handy shopping list
- Great diet tips and advice
- Access to a community of dieters and bloggers