Laura's spicy chilli con carne is a one-pot wonder that is sure to tantalise your taste buds.
Chilli Con Carne and Brown Rice
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Number of servings: 2
375g lean minced beef
1 tin of tomatoes, tinned, large can
25g peas, frozen
1 beef stock cube
1 red onion
1/2 clove of garlic
1 pinch of chilli powder
50g brown rice, uncooked
1/2 tbsp of tomato puree
1. Brown meat in pan, remove meat and discard most of remaining fat.
2. Soften chopped onion in pan, add garlic when softened.
3. Pour meat back in, add tinned tomatoes, puree and stock. Simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Add peas, sweetcorn and chilli powder. Simmer further 5 mins. season to taste.
Get thousands of delicious healthy recipes and convenient meal ideas, plus...
- A diet to suit your life and tastes
- Support from a qualified Nutrition Team
- Progress charts and 1-2-1 feedback
- A handy shopping list
- Great diet tips and advice
- Access to a community of dieters and bloggers