- 10 mins to prepare. 15 mins to cook.
- Serves 4
A light, fresh, homely starter or light dinner. Smoked salmon and potato cakes are simply made for each other.
- 350g cooked, mashed potatoes
- 75g plain flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 slices of smoked salmon
Each serving contains
- Calories 314 16%
- Sugar 1.3g 1%
- Fat 17.9g 26%
- Saturates 4.8g 24%
- Salt 1.9g 31%
of your guideline daily amount
1. Mix the potato, flour, egg, spring onion, cumin, dill, pepper and half the oil. Mix well together and shape into 8 potato cakes.
2. Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick pan and then cook the potato cakes until browned on each side.
3. The cakes can be served immediately or kept overnight in the fridge. 15 minutes before serving reheat in a hot oven.
4. Lay a slice of smoked salmon on each of the potato cakes and serve.
Featured in our Mediterranean diet
Get thousands of delicious healthy recipes and convenient meal ideas, plus...
- A diet to suit your life and tastes
- Support from a qualified Nutrition Team
- Progress charts and 1-2-1 feedback
- A handy shopping list
- Great diet tips and advice
- Access to a community of dieters and bloggers