- 30 mins to prepare. 10 mins to cook.
- Serves 6
Summer berry pudding is a refreshing warm weather dessert made with vibrant antioxidant packed berries.
- 300g strawberries
- 400g raspberries
- 250g blueberries
- 8 slices of loaf white bread
- 50g granulated sugar
- 100ml of no added sugar orange juice
- 2 tbsp low fat crème fraiche
Each serving contains
- Calories 200 10%
- Sugar 23.1g 26%
- Fat 2.1g 3%
- Saturates 0.6g 3%
- Salt 0.5g 8%
of your guideline daily amount
1. Wash and pick over the fruit removing any stalks, leaves and bad berries
2. Lightly grease the inside of a pudding basin.
3. Remove crusts from the sliced bread. Line the pudding basin with the bread slices, slightly overlapping each slice so there are no gaps in between them. Press the edges together so the bread forms a complete mold inside the bowl.
4. In a non-stick pan, bring the mixed berries (only half the raspberries as the rest are needed for the syrup)and sugar to a gentle simmer, until the sugar is dissolved and the fruits are releasing their juice. This should only take about 5 minutes. You want the fruit to keep shape. Take care not to overcook them.
5. Reserve about 3/4 of juice and put it to one side to cool. Refrigerate.
6. Pour the rest of the fruit and juice into the bread-lined pudding basin.
7. Seal the top completely with further, overlapping, slices of bread.
8. Cover the bread with a small flat plate or saucer that fits snugly inside the basin. Store in the fridge.
9. Before serving, gently slide a flexible spatula between the bread and the basin to loosen.
10. Invert the bowl onto a serving plate, the pudding should slide easily into place.
11. Use the reserved juice to colour any areas that still have a white tinge. Pour any remaining juice over the top of the pudding.
11. Make the syrup with the remaining raspberries and orange juice. Simmer for a few minutes until the syrup has a sauce like consistency.
12. Cut into wedges to serve and pair with crème fraiche.
Featured in our High Fibre plan
Get thousands of delicious healthy recipes and convenient meal ideas, plus...
- A diet to suit your life and tastes
- Support from a qualified Nutrition Team
- Progress charts and 1-2-1 feedback
- A handy shopping list
- Great diet tips and advice
- Access to a community of dieters and bloggers